This course provides IT Security Professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain an organization’s security posture, and identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. This course includes security for identity and access, platform protection, data and applications, and security operations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement enterprise governance strategies including role-based access control, Azure policies, and resource locks.
- Implement an Azure AD infrastructure including users, groups, and multi-factor authentication.
- Implement Azure AD Identity Protection including risk policies, conditional access, and access reviews.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for Azure Security Engineers who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing security tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an engineer that wants to specialize in providing security for Azure-based digital platforms and play an integral role in protecting an organization’s data.
Successful learners will have prior knowledge and understanding of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), disk and data encryption methods.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Have experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.