Data Science Projects with Python will help you get comfortable with using the Python environment for data science. This course will start you on your journey to mastering topics within machine learning. These skills will help you deliver the kind of state-of-the-art predictive models that are being used to deliver value to businesses across industries.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Install the required packages to set up a data science coding environment
- Load data into a Jupyter Notebook running Python
- Use Matplotlib to create data visualizations
- Fit a model using scikit-learn
- Use lasso and ridge regression to reduce overfitting
- Fit and tune a random forest model and compare performance with logistic regression
- Create visuals using the output of the Jupyter Notebook
Who Should Attend?
If you are a data analyst, data scientist, or a business analyst who wants to get started with using Python and machine learning techniques to analyze data and predict outcomes, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of computer programming and data analytics is a must. Familiarity with mathematical concepts such as algebra and basic statistics will be useful.