Upon completion of this program, candidates should be able to:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases in cloud environments
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Configure and manage Cloud Accounts, Projects, Flavor Mappings, Image Mappings, Network Profiles, Storage Profiles, Volumes, Tags, and Services
- Create, modify, manage, and deploy Cloud Templates
- Connect to a Kubernetes Cluster and manage namespaces
- Customize services and virtual machines with cloudConfig
- Configure and manage the Service Broker
- Configure and manage ABX actions, custom properties, event broker subscriptions, and vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Integrate with vRealize Orchestrator
- Install vRealize Automation with Lifecycle Configuration Manager
- Describe Cloud Automation Services (Cloud Assembly and Code Stream).
- Integrate Cloud Assembly with Terraform and SaltStack
- Use logs and CLI commands to monitor and troubleshoot vRealize Automation
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.